If you know something about AC installation, you know it’s a delicate process. Improper installation could be why you never get what you need from an air conditioning unit. Installing the brackets is one of the things you have to get right to keep your air conditioner from falling.
Support brackets go on the exterior window sill to bear the weight of an air conditioner. After seeing how effective the installation process is, it’s better to leave AC bracket installation to an expert. You can also visit https://www.directac123.com/air-conditioner/installation/ to connect with a reputable and reliable AC installation expert:
How to Install AC Support Brackets Correctly
Installing the AC support brackets doesn’t have to be complicated when you follow the proper steps and use the correct tools and equipment. Thankfully, we’ve prepared a step-by-step guide to help you navigate the installation process. So here is how to go about it.
- Step 1: Check the weight distribution of the air conditioner. You do so by lifting it on one side at a time. See if the weight is at the center or off-center to either left or right.
- Step 2: Get the width of the exterior window sill. Find the center by dividing the measurements in half. Mark in the middle if you find the AC has a center weight.
- Step 3: Mount the blocks by first drilling a hole on the mark on the window sill and screwing them in. Ensure one block is angled to level the bracket.
- Step 4: Mount the bottom bar using bolts to the top bracket, screw it in, and slide the bolt to find a level for the unit. The unit needs to allow water to drip off.
- Step 5: Tighten the screws and bolts
- Step 6: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and mount the AC.
Importance of Air Conditioner Support Brackets
As you install air conditioner support brackets, it helps to understand their importance. In addition, you get to know why accuracy is essential to the installation process.
So, what is the significance of AC support brackets?
Secures the Air Conditioner
It’s only possible to install a window AC with support. Different types of brackets to choose from that fit different window sills. Manufacturers make brackets strong enough to hold the weight of an air conditioner against the wall. They are necessary for ACs that hang outside the window.
Ensures Proper Airflow and Correct Use of Space
An AC mounted high on a wall facilitates better air circulation and efficiency. It takes heavy-duty support brackets to make this possible. Installing brakes allows you to take only the required room on a wall. The air conditioner is out of our way and still functional.
Fulfills the Safety Requirements for AC Installation
Bracket suspensory is included in modern AC units to hold them up. It’s a safety requirement since a wall alone cannot hold the weight of an AC unit. The absence of support brackets risks the unit falling. See what your local authorities say about AC bracket installation.
Finding Faults in Air Conditioner Brackets Installation
After installing air conditioner support brackets, it’s up to you to inspect them. The goal of an inspection is to ensure that you performed an excellent installation job and possibly correct mistakes. You can’t skip this installation part since it’s a matter of safety too.
Here are some things you will do when inspecting air conditioner support brackets.
Look for water leaks indoors
You must install the support brackets with a slight tilt outwards to ensure that condensate pours outdoors instead of indoors. Indoor leaks are a sign of faults in the angling of the brackets. Consider enlisting expert services to redo the installation if you can’t fix this problem.
Faulty mounting of the air conditioner on the brackets will allow gravity to stress the unit. The effect of this force is gradual. You can look for early signs of AC installation faults, such as water leaks and noises from the AC unit. Sometimes it takes an expert to notice issues with mounting.
Dents and rust on brackets
Manufacturers design brackets that can withstand AC weight. Also, manufacturers factor in that environmental factors might cause damage to the brackets when designing them. So, they must still hold the weight of AC units. However, the brackets will rust over time, weakening them.
Look for folds or rust forming on the bracket a few days after installation. Their presence should tell you that there is a fault in their quality. First, check what the warranty says regarding dented or damaged brackets. Then, sort the issue fast for the sake of your safety.
Why Hire an Expert to Install AC Support Brackets
When dealing with installations involving air conditioning, it is a good idea to involve an installation expert. Plenty could go wrong with a DIY AC support brackets installation,
Here are reasons you should get an expert.
- Maintains warranty: Manufacturers of AC units and components might demand that an expert performs all AC-related installations to keep the warranty valid. DIY AC support bracket installation might void the warranty.
- Saves time: An expert is used to AC installations, so installing support brackets should take only a few minutes
- More Experienced: Skill and experience gained through training are essential when carrying out installations to secure an air conditioner. It’ll minimize costly mistakes.
- Safety Reasons: A faulty AC support bracket installation presents safety, as the air conditioner could fall. Also, some of the equipment required in installation requires you to have the expertise to handle them for safety.
You can DIY air conditioner support brackets if you wish to, as long as you understand their importance. However, there’s no coming back from the damage your air conditioner could suffer if it falls due to improper bracket installation. You will only end up spending money on repairs and replacements afterward. So follow the steps above to ensure you get the desired results.