The bathroom is a place for softness and comfort and if you have come to the decision that it is time for a revamp, there is a lot to consider. While you want your bathroom to be functional, you also want a degree of luxury, and with so many styles and colours to choose from, it can be a challenge to come up with the best layout. Here are a few tips and suggestions when planning a bathroom renovation.
- Calculate a Budget – Prior to doing anything, you should sit down and calculate the amount of money you are prepared to invest in your new bathroom. Your budget will very much determine the scope of the project, and with affordable bathroom renovations in Sydney, once the contractor knows your budget, they can make some recommendations.
- Consider Relocating Fittings – The toilet, sink and bath do not necessarily have to remain in the same location, as a little building work can relocate any fitting, which might offer more potential.
- Bathtub – If your bathroom is on the small side, it might be wise to remove the bathtub and settle for a corner shower unit, but if you have a decent sized bathroom and you like a hot soak after a day’s work, then keep the bath. You will save on water and energy if you install a shower instead of a bath, but it is down to your personal preference.
- Think Luxury – Why not have underfloor heating and heated towel rails for the ultimate experience? For a little extra, you could really turn your bathroom into a luxurious space, a place that you want to spend your time in. Buy top grade ceramic tiles and the best quality paint, as this will ensure that your bathroom stands the test of time.
- Choose an Experienced Builder – It is important that the builder has extensive experience in remodelling bathrooms, and with an online search, you can be talking to a local bathroom redesign specialist who can handle every aspect of the project. You could select 2 or 3 from the Google list and ask each on to quote for your project, and then you will be able to make an informed decision.
Renovating the bathroom offers you the opportunity to create a unique design and with the right builder, your new bathroom will be a place that the whole family want to spend time in.