Pop-up advertising uses a marketing technique that exposes a potential customer to an immediately impactful advertisement. This can also be called a touchpoint that is intended to draw in new customers as well as test new ideas. Pop-up shops, pop-up ads, and quick content efforts are some of the most common and effective ways for businesses to use pop-up advertising.
The pop-up technique can create widespread interest when placing a brand identifier in areas that can draw in even the most resistant customers. It can generate leads designed to engage and persuade people to make a purchase, even if they’ve only been exposed to the pop-up advertisement for a short time.
One of the best opportunities to engage with potential new customers is often overlooked and misunderstood. Pop-Up advertising provides any business with a short and sweet yet powerful advertising tool.
Ways to Use Pop-Up Ads
There are many ways a business can use pop-up advertising to get exposure to new clients and their business. Here are some ways to use this type of advertising:
- Getting a new person’s eyes on a website and engaged in what’s offered has never been easier to do. When a business uses a pop-up window on their website, they have a valuable tool to connect with a possible customer. Maybe have a promotion pop up that offers a deal to new customers. Maybe the best engagement piece for a business is an information or welcome video. No matter how a person got to the site, they need to be able to stay engaged and encouraged to make a purchase, and the right pop-up ad can do that.
- Depending on where you live in Australia, most areas around the country have festivals, concerts, and fairs during warmer seasons. Put up a pop-up shop as a temporary place to meet with new people and expose them to your products or services. The shop won’t be open for too long, but the exposure can impress new customers.
- Create exclusive or limited-time offers for existing and new customers. Sometimes the “right” price is all a person needs to take a chance on a product or brand. If a deadline for a limited-time offer is part of the deal, some people will not want to miss out on the promotion and that results in more sales. Pop-up ads displaying these offers can be used on a website. Or, if the opportunity to display one in a high visibility situation arises, invest in a reusable, banner advertisement.
- Use social media tools to generate new business. Depending on what a business offers or sells, the use of social media can draw in new and existing customers if the promise of something valuable catches their attention. Offering a class, explainer video, or even Q and A Sessions can get curious people to participate in the event. Maybe invite a local expert or celebrity to interview and stream it. Sometimes it’s a good idea to provide the event with a special discount for attendees. Tease about the upcoming deal using pop-up advertisements when anyone views the details of the event.
A popular saying states that a person only has one chance to make a first impression. The same idea goes for a business. Getting out into the community and finding ways to engage with people using your pop-up display is easier than one might think. Sponsoring an event in the local community in exchange for the opportunity to promote your business can catch the attention of community-minded people.
If pop-up shops work for a business, the same idea applies to sponsoring an event like a carnival, fundraiser, concert, or sporting event. A business can usually enjoy exposure by having their pop-up ads hanging from their designated table. For outdoor events, a business may be able to hang a banner on temp fence panels in or surrounding the perimeter of the event. Just be sure to tailor your advertisement in a way that’s relatable and relevant to your audience.
A Durable Display for a Lasting Message
Deciding on durable materials for your set up is crucial to conveying the right message. For example, any pop-up banner that will be displayed outside will need to be able to withstand adverse weather conditions.
Some things to consider before investing in your pop up display are:
- Will the display be exposed to harsh weather conditions (rain, wind, sun etc.)?
- How big is your space and how can you optimize it (sometimes less is more and sometimes more is less)
- Will your display be in direct sunlight for an extended amount of time?
- How secure does the display have to be and will it need reinforcements?
Any business that displays a worn, faded, and tattered advertisement conveys the message that they don’t value the impression they make on a potential client. Knowing the intended use of the display and planning for how long it needs to last can prevent spending more money on countless replacements in future and keep your space looking fresh.
Research and Utilize Mockup Generators for Pop-Up Advertising
When a business is ready to advertise using pop-up banners, it can be confusing to know where to start the process of designing and ordering one. Hiring a service that specializes in pop-up advertising is the first step for some businesses. When generating pop-up advertising, you should also pay attention to advertisement design.
But for a small business on a strict budget, it’s usually a good idea to do some research and even use some online tools like 3D mockup generators. Be sure to use the business logo and any other identifying information in the mockup tools. Once a banner and design have been selected, bring it or send it to whatever service is hired to produce the final product.
Every opportunity a business has to advertise and make an impression is crucial to the survival of the company. While there are many different avenues to take when advertising, the best choice will be to reach the largest targeted amount of people for an extended amount of time. Any business can enjoy the benefits of using pop-up advertising to grow their business.