As the first protection of a house, a roof is one of the essential parts of a house. Therefore www.jjqualitybuilderspb.com says homeowners are advised to place much importance on maintaining their roofs. The roof carries a lot of responsibilities, like home insulation and protection. Consequently, it is only reasonable that a homeowner carries out regular roof checkup or maintenance
By roof maintenance, I don’t mean the regular: check if a light is streaming into your attic, or check if there are any water patches on your ceiling, or climb up to your roof and check if there are any missing or broken shingles. No, the above mentioned Do It Yourself (DIY) maintenance acts are essential but cannot be compared to the maintenance of a professional roofer.
I am a preacher of DIY acts, but you all will agree with me that once in a while, a professional roofer should be invited to take a critical look at your roof. If a roof is not adequately maintained, the external and internal damages in the roof may escalate and may also lead to loss of lives.
A lot of homeowners think that it is costly to call a professional for a roof checkup. Yes, it may be expensive, but it is in no way comparable to the cost of buying a new roof when the poorly maintained one finally gives up.
This article will explain the need for a professional to maintain your roof regularly.
Five reasons why professional roofing maintenance is essential.
- To spot the hidden damages: there is no one as qualified to discover hidden roof damages than a professional roofer. Do you know that the place where you think a roof is leaking might not be the original leak area? A roof might be leaking at area A, and a homeowner may see the leakage in area B. However, if you invite a professional roofer, he or she will take a close look at your roof. He or she will look in and out and inspect all the corners of the roof to discover all tinny damages. The roofer will then give you advice on which roof damage needs more attention.
- To exercise your warranty power: no one wants to be cheated, including you. When your roofer installed your roof, he gave you a warranty. This warranty is usually between 10 -80 years, depending on the roofing material you used for your roof. Regular roof maintenance should also be carried out during the years of warranty. So, this cancels out the saying that roof maintenance is costly. A guarantee means that little damages on your roof will be repaired by the same roofer that installed your roof, without charging any extra fee. Even if the roofer charges a maintenance fee, it will be way below what it is meant to be.
- Reduces risk: most homeowners don’t know the risks they put themselves in by going up to their roofs for maintenance. No matter how experienced you think you are in carrying out Do It Yourself activities, when it comes to roofing activities, a professional roofer has more knowledge and expertise than you, unless you are a roofer yourself. What I’m saying, in essence, is that homeowners should stop putting themselves at risk in exchange for hiring and paying a professional for roof maintenance. If an accident occurs, we don’t pray that it does, but if it does, you will agree with me that it will cost more to treat yourself than what it would have cost to hire a roofer to check your roof.
- Increases roof lifespan: regular roof maintenance increases the lifespan of a roof. Calling a roofer to check on your roof regularly, will, of course, expose all the damages that may have caused your roof to deteriorate quicker than it should.
- Saves money: yes, hiring a roofer to check your roof is more cost-effective when compared to the cost of replacing your roof if its damages go beyond repair.
In conclusion, hiring a roofer for maintenance is not as costly as a lot of homeowners think it to be. You’re advised to take adequate care of your roof by frequently carrying out maintenance activities on it.