Organizing your kitchen is not a walk in the park. There are countless things to sort and just the right installations to make to find what you want with ease.
PVC piping is typically the best way to organize just about any place including your kitchen economically. The reason they have quickly become a DIY favorite is because of their high versatility and low price point. You can use them to conjure up a stunning wine rack or craft a functional knife holder, the possibilities are endless!
PVC pipes also offer lasting durability and high affordability. The sole reason to create DIY projects is to save money and create something that perfectly fits your needs – and using PVC in the kitchen can make this goal of yours possible.
Read on to discover 5 of the easiest and most budget-friendly kitchen hacks:
PVC Measuring Spoons and Cups Holder
Nothing can be more frustrating than having to shuffle through your cabinets for the right measuring tools. This hack helps organize all your measuring spoons and cups so you can find the right one at the right time.
Gather all the supplies:
- PVC pipe. The sizes depend on the cups and spoons in your kitchen’s arsenal. Get a full length of each pipe (a full 10 feet pipe comes at a very affordable price, and you can keep the remainder for other cool DIY projects when the inspiration strikes!).
- Mounting tape (foam-backed)
Time to put your skills to use:
- Cut the PVC pipe. The lengths can range from 5 5/8” for long spoons and 5 ¾” for the measuring cups. Snap them at a 45-degree angle for a gorgeous look.
- Before placing them on the interior of your cabinet door, make sure you pay attention to the spacing of the pipes. This helps ensure no spoons or cups collide with each other.
- Once you get the layout right, sand any rough edges of the pipe cutouts, put the mounting tape on, and place the pipes in the order you want.
PVC Pipe Napkin Rings
The PVC pipe napkin rings are a combination of both functionality and aesthetics. Here’s how you can create yours:
Supplies you’ll need:
- A gorgeous ribbon of your choice
- Spray paint (copper)
- PVC pipe screw fittings
- Permanent adhesive
Unfolding the DIY process:
- Clean each fitting and spray it with a minimum of 2 copper spray paints. Don’t forget to spray the inside of the ring. The warm copper hue looks absolutely gorgeous with white or pastel napkins.
- Once the screw fitting has dried, use the glue to apply the ribbon you’ve picked. This can be done by applying the glue on the screw area of the fitting and wrapping the ribbon around it.
- Insert the folded napkin through the ring and make your tablescape look gorgeous.
PVC Wine Rack and Wine Glass Holder
From just a handful to hundreds – a great wine rack can hold just about any wine bottles you have. The best part of the PVC wine rack is that you can add any number of compartments to accommodate your endless love for wine. Let’s quickly dive into how you can create an awesome wine rack for your kitchen.
First, the supplies:
- PVC pipes
- Hand saw
- Clear PVC cement
- Spray paint in your choice of color
Now, let’s get to work:
Remember, the size and design of your wine rack will depend solely on your needs. You can either stack them up in a regular horizontal/vertical or put the pieces together in a beautifully random manner.
- Cut the pipes into 7” lengths.
- Use sandpaper to smooth out the edges
- Use PVC cement to start connecting the pipes. The reason we’re using PVC cement here is that it’s stronger than other forms of glue and takes just about 20 seconds to set in.
Stacking and finding pan lids and cutting boards can be a frustrating experience. But what if you had an “instant” solution to organize them in one go?
This is where a regular metal file organizer comes to your rescue. You can grab it from just about any dollar store.
To ensure the organizer remains fixed in position, you can put a rubber shelf liner to the base of the cabinet and to the bottom of the file organizer.
DIY Paper Towel Rack
This is one of the cleverest storage hacks. All this towel rack requires are two C-clamps.
Find an ideal place in your kitchen to place a towel dispenser. Next, place the two C-clamps by keeping the width of the roll in mind.
Once you install this, you can simply use the clamp’s simple handle mechanism to load in new rolls each time you’ve run out of them.
A few kitchen hacks are all it takes to organize your kitchen, regardless of how messy things get. PVC pipes usually work wonders for just about any DIY project. Once you understand their functionality, new DIY ideas will inevitably start to brew in your mind! Start with any one of these hacks and you’ll realize how you can literally build anything you want!
Mark Ligon is the Marketing Manager at PVC Fittings Online, a leading supplier of consumer based PVC products; including piping, fittings, valves, plumbing supplies and accessories. Mark is a DIYer and provides advice to individuals on DIY projects utilizing a range of PVC type products.