A fibreglass pool is a great option to consider if you are planning to get a swimming pool. Today, most homeowners are choosing fibreglass pools, thanks to the convenience it offers. These pools are factory-built and readily available. They just have to be brought to your home and installed. This makes installation quick and less expensive. One of the best things about fibreglass pools is that you have pools of different sizes available. This makes it the best option, even if you have a small backyard.
Small swimming pool
Most people would like to have a swimming pool in their backyard. The problem is some of them would not have much space in the backyard. There are others with small homes who have limited space. Many people give up their plans of getting a pool because of the lack of space. Thanks to the advent of fibreglass pools, they can now get a small swimming pool.
A small swimming pool is one that has an area of less than 10 square metres. It is a compact pool that offers all that a regular pool does in a smaller space. These small pools can be enhanced with options like spa jets. Small pools are ideal for people who have a small backyard. The popularity of small pools has put an end to the misconception that pools are meant only for homes having a large space.
Why get a small swimming pool?
There are multiple benefits when you get a small swimming pool installed. These benefits explain why a small swimming pool can be the best option for your home.
- A small swimming pool is perfectly suited for homes with limited space in the backyard.
- If you do not have the budget for a large pool, then you can still get a great pool by investing in a small swimming pool.
- Small swimming pools made of fibreglass are easier to install, take lesser time to install, and are less expensive.
- Fibreglass pools are strong and sturdy and are better compared to concrete pools.
- A small pool is easy to maintain. It is easier to clean and the chemicals needed for the pool is lesser.
- Small pools can be heated quickly, thus saving on heating expenses.
- Even though the pool is small, you can get most of the features that a regular pool would have.
- It is suitable for beginners and children.
- The quantity of water needed is less.
- The initial costs, as well as the costs of maintenance, are lesser for a small pool.
Types of small pools
There are different types of small pools available. Being aware of these options will help you.
A plunge pool is a great option for people who want to enjoy the utility of a swimming pool in a limited space. The plunge pool usually is 4.5 metres long and 3.5 metres wide. There would be seating at one end for people who just want to relax. The pool would have space for more than one person to swim. Even small groups can enjoy themselves in this pool.
A swim spa is the best option if you want to use the pool for relaxation rather than exercise. If you would like to exercise, then you need a pool with space to swim. However, if you like to spend time relaxing in the pool, then you can consider a swim spa. The swim spa would have a spa section with spa jets where you can sit and enjoy the relaxing effect of the jets. At the other end would be space to move around for those who want to play in the water. Swim spas are usually 5.5 metres long and 2.5 metres wide.
In case your requirement is to swim for exercise or to practice swimming as a sport, then the lap pool is ideal. If you have length available in your backyard but not sufficient width, then the lap pool is the best option for your backyard. The lap pool is just 2.5 metres wide, enough for one person to swim a lap. However, the length would be 8 metres long, allowing one to swim properly. This pool is best for those who want to exercise in the pool but have limited space. You can add swim jets to this pool to create resistance so you can get a better workout.
How to fit a small fibreglass pool?
The following are tips that will tell you how to fit a small fibreglass pool in your backyard:
- Planning is very important. You need to find out how much space you have for the pool and how much space for the deck, steps, and other requirements. Based on this space assessment, you can decide on the type of pool.
- You can consider clearing your backyard or removing any structures in it so that you can free space.
- In case you have absolutely no space in your backyard, you can consider installing the pool in your front yard.
- Installing the pool along the fence line is a good option. This will allow you to save space. The total flooring area would be cut down when you do so. You will also get a little more space to add paving.
- You need to evaluate the soil and ground conditions to decide if the pool can be installed.
- If digging is an issue, you can consider getting an above-the-ground pool that can be installed over a flat surface.
- Once you decide the type of pool and the size, you can order a fibreglass pool that can be transported and fitted in your backyard.
A small swimming pool is the best option for homes with limited space. A fibreglass pool offers many advantages and is recommended for small homes. You can get in touch with a pool contractor or consultant to help you make a plan to install the small swimming pool of your choice.