Bathroom remodeling is a significant project to undertake, especially when for example, you’re installing something like a top-rated whirlpool bathtub like the ones here at Showersly.com. It requires time, money, and effort to accomplish. There are many compelling reasons to undergo renovation. It may be the need to repair damages in the plumbing or the need to redesign the bathroom interiors. Some want a new feel inside the bathroom, which is among the private and intimate areas of one’s home. No matter what the reason is, remodeling is not an easy thing to do.
Read these helpful tips to guide you through the rigors of executing a full bathroom remodeling.
Planning your bathroom remodel
Before anything else, remodeling is different from the renovation. Renovation involves repairing damages in your bathroom to make it new again. Remodeling, on the other hand, means to upgrade your bathroom. It entails upgrading fixtures, pipes, tiles, bathtubs and such.
Know the cost for remodeling
Knowing this, you need to budget your project and know how much a bathroom remodel cost. Estimates range from $3,000 to $8,000, depending on the materials, design, labor, and size of the bathroom. Labor cost tends to be 50% of the entire remodeling amount. There are many sources online where you can request estimation cost in bathroom remodeling.
You will also have to consider any special requirements that will be needed for the bathroom. Walk in baths or bath lifts and chairs for older people can increase your budget considerably.
Talk with your contractor about specifics.
You need to have open and transparent communication with your contractor. Here are some questions you can ask your contractor before signing a contract.
- Ask for referrals or previous references that show their skill in remodeling.
- Bathroom remodel cost figures wherein remodeling plans are detailed and enumerated.
- Ask how they manage mistakes and repairs during remodeling.
- A bid for the project. Ask if the project is paid by the hour or by area remodeled.
- The contractor must offer guarantees and warranties for their services.
- Ask them for licenses and permit for operation.
Pay only after completion of work.
Never pay upfront. You and your contract must agree that you are only paying for services rendered. It means paying by the hour, or by milestones.
Only start work after signing a contract.
Everything should be in writing. Project schedules, overall expenses, labor costs, permits, guarantees, and warranties must be all put in writing. It will provide safety for both parties if issues come about during and after completion of your bathroom remodeling project.
Included with the contract is an itemized list of everything concerning the bathroom remodeling.
It consists of the following:
- A work schedule
- List of tasks both procurement and delivery of materials and construction tasks
- List of materials to be used. It should contain the item, amount procured, and cost of the item.
- List of deadline schedules for each task
- Agreed upon penalties if task deadlines are not met
Bathroom remodeling is quite a significant investment in your home. However, if done correctly, it adds substantial value to your home, and at the same time, improves the feeling of satisfaction in your home. Bathrooms are among the areas of your home where you can have time for yourself. So, make the most of it and relax as you appreciate the fruits of your hard work.