After a long day at work, we want nothing more at the end of the day than to be able to relax and wind down in our homes. Our bedrooms play a big part in this, as if we are uncomfortable or dislike the room we sleep in, it’ll subconsciously make it more difficult to get a good night’s rest. You need to create a cosy sanctuary so that you look forward to bedtime each night, instead of dread it. Here are some great ideas to help you to make your bedroom an extra special place that you love to be in.
What better way to make your bedroom special than with precious photographs of your best memories? With classy metal photo prints, you can really take your bedroom to the next level. Your interior decor has a massive impact on your mood, more than you’d ever expect. Without realising it, having pictures of happy times that you see each day, subconsciously gives you a positive boost.
Luxurious Silk or Satin Pillowcases
Silk and satin pillowcases have been said to be better for your skin and hair than standard ones, as it is claimed that they can help to reduce wrinkles, as well as frizzy locks. This is reportedly due to the fact that silk is less absorbent than cotton and many other materials, so there is less likelihood of skin dehydration. Silk also doesn’t create as much friction between your skin and the material, again, reducing wrinkles as it drags on the skin less. This also means it doesn’t pull on your hair the same way. Add a bit of luxe to your nights!
Illuminating your bedroom can be a lot of fun. There are so many different, imaginative ways to do so these days, so consider what would be best suited to you. With your lighting, you can create a calm, soothing atmosphere where you can be relaxed and content. So, think about some of the following options for your bedroom lighting:
- Fairy Lights – these come in all different shapes and sizes and are definitely not just for kids. With these, you can gently light up different areas of your room.
- Dimmable Switch – a relatively straightforward but useful option, is to have a dimmable light switch, as with this you can dictate how bright or dark you want your room to be.
- Smart Bulbs – with these, you can control what colour your lightbulbs are, whether you are feeling blue, pink or purple. This takes mood lighting to a whole ‘nother level!
- Neon Lights – think of a quirky quote or an image that resonates and find it online or have it created to put up in your bedroom. These also come in different colour options.
- Galactic – projectors that display with the night’s sky on your wall, glow in the dark or LED stars, moon lamps… take yourself to a whole new world.
As we spend typically around 8 hours of our days in our bedroom, it’s important that we appreciate this room in our home. Make sure it’s somewhere that you love and your sleep, as well as your general mood, will improve!