You know that blank space behind your bed? That wall is crying out for something bold and creative. Here are 10 ways to decorate your bed wall to enhance your space and bring character and style to your bedroom.
1. Repurposed doors, windows or any architectural elements can add charm and character to your bedroom wall. Think of creative ways to install these elements, even letting them expand onto the ceiling. These pieces give your bedroom a sense of history.
2. Bookshelves are a great way to frame a bed and provide functional space for the avid bedtime reader. Bookshelves also give you space to display favorite accessories and collectibles.
3. Dimensional panels look great in a modern space. Made of wood, padded fabric or metal, panels bring life to a dull wall and make a bold and stylish statement.
4. Positioning your bed in front of a window is sometimes the best option if your space is limited. Not only that, but placing the bed between two windows frames the bed. Hanging curtain panels on each side furthers the effect and looks attractive for a traditional space.
5. Creating a wall that separates the bed is an option that takes things to a whole new level. It creates a special place for the bed and can provide a divider in a room with a sitting area.
6. A bed wall is a great place to display artwork. Hang a grouping of black and white photographs or prints along the wall. Paint or order a pre-painted mural.
7. Shelves and architectural elements create dimension and interest. Display shelves and storage cabinets along the wall are an interesting feature and can hide speakers or wiring as well.
8. Curtains behind the bed frame the bed and can cover a multitude of sins, like faded paint or cracked plaster. They provide a soft touch to the room and can be changed often for a variety of looks.
9. Mirrors can broaden a space and provide dimension and visual depth. Mirror tiles can be artistically arranged on the wall and you can even mount other artwork from the mirrors for a very stylish display.
10. A feature wall of wallpaper, different color paint or special wall treatment is a great focal point for the bedroom.
Give your bedroom a boost and frame it nicely with one of these options. Bring color, interest and dimension to your bedroom by simply adding a little something to the wall behind your bed. Art, wallpaper, shelves, mirrors or any number of other creative methods are sure to take your bed wall from awfully boring to awesome.