Do you love the street art? Are you fascinated about exploring new places and new touristic attractions? Do you love travelling and do you are always in search of unusual architectures? If you have answered “yes” at least at one of this questions, well, this article about the 15 most beautiful steps in the world fits for you! Enjoy the gallery!
- Seoul, South Korea: Stairs of the musical theatre. The stairs that leads to the musical theatre of Seoul, is considered one of the most beautiful outdoor staircases in the world. On the steps there is the painting of a “geisha”, a typical oriental woman, who wears the traditional kimono.
- San Francisco, California: In the 16th Avenue in San Francisco there is a stunning staircase composed by 163 steps totally covered with colourful mosaics. This steps is a real work of art and it is considered on of the most beautiful staircases in the world
- Beirut , Lebanon “The Saint Nicholas steps“. This staircase is one of the most famous painted steps of the Lebanese capital. Located not far from the city center, this wonderful stair consists of 100 colored steps
- Caltagirone, Sicily (Italy). The “Santa Maria del Monte” staircase is one of the most famous touristic attraction of the little town of Caltagirone. the steps are painted with blue floral themes. This is, without doubt, one of the most amazing staircases in the world
- Valparaiso, Chile, the “Piano staircase“. Multiethnic and multicultural city , Valparaiso is considered the main cultural and artistic center of Chile. This stunning steps, painted like a piano, is one of the most famous works of street art of the city
- Syria, “Stairs of Peace”. The so-called “stairs of the peace ” in Syria is not only a work of street art but it is also a symbol of the union between different peoples, flags, cultures and nations.
- Morlaix France. This amazing steps, built in the French town of Morlaix , attracts millions of visitors every year and impresses for its realism and its attention to the details
- Philadelphia, Museum of art. The stair that leads to the Museum of Art in Philadelphia is a terrific work of art. It reproduces the portrait of the famous artist Salvador Dali with its unmistakable mustaches.
- Seoul, South Korea the ” Staircase of carps“. Colourful, original and funny, this steps has become one of the major touristic attractions of South Korea and it’s one of the most famous staircases of the world.
- Noriaki, Poland the “Staircase of pencils”. A staircase painted with colorful and funny pencils will welcome you during your visit to the city of Noriaki in Poland.
- Belgrade, the “Staircase of the carpet“. Among the most amazing and stunning staircases of the world, we definitely have to mention this stair built in Belgrade. all the steps are decorated with vivid red colours that make it seem a sort of giant carpet
- Chicago, US . The staircase that leads to the Art Institute of Chicago, is a real masterpiece of street art
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, the “Selarón steps”. You can’t say that you have visited Rio de Janeiro if you don’t have seen the famous Selarón staircase. Created by the Chilean artist Selarón who gave the name to this stair, the Selaron step is soon become one of the most important symbols of Rio. According to the artist, who choose the typical coulors of the Brazilian national flag, this steps is an homage and a tribute to the Brazilian people
- Rio de Janerio. In addition to the famous steps of “Selarón”, Rio is full of many works of street art and colorful stairways . This one, with the painting of man, is one of the most famous staircases of the city
- Ottawa, Canada “The wolf and the girl staircase“. Stunning staircase that leads to downtown.
I would like to inform you regarding the 1st post on the ranking (Stairs of Musical theatre). As it is mentioned “geisha” and “kimono,” these two words are specific to Japanese Culture and is not representative of the artwork presented in the steps. I would encourage using the term “Kisaeng (Ginyeo) 기생” and “Hanbok” as they are the correct wording for this artwork.