There is something quite magical about shimmery and lustrous interiors. Elegant, sophisticated and even a bit romantic, rooms are instantly elevated with lustrous surfaces and accents. Here are eight great ways to add shimmer and luster to your home.
A mirrored wall, shimmering fabrics and gold accents give this room a lustrous look. The mirror opens up the room and reflects light to bring this room alive with a rich, shimmery aesthetic.
- Metallic stools serve as a burst of shine. Use a group of smaller stools as a coffee table or use individually as a side table to augment seating.
2. Lustrous fabrics bring elegance and shimmer to rooms. Silk, satin and velvet seating or curtain panels give a room rich appeal. Accent with mirrored, glass and metallic pieces. A glistening chandelier or candles further enhance the glow.
An acrylic mantle, shimmery wallpaper and a classic velvet sofa with plenty of soft pillows give this room a glamorous appeal.
3. Gloss paint brings shine and dimension to a room. Add a mirror and a few metallic pieces for additional shine and depth.
4. Luxurious and elegant, metallic surfaces on furniture lend a sophisticated shine to rooms. Wallpaper with a lustrous finish gives rooms a boost of shimmery elegance.
5. Mirrors are a simple and beautiful way to add shimmer to your interiors. Add one to the entry hall, above the fireplace or create a wall display with mirrors. Use wall sconces along with mirrors to add further shimmer.
6. Metallic wall hangings add instant interest and shimmer to interiors.
7. Lighting, especially metallic pendant lights, enhance the kitchen and dining room. Try the popular and trend-setting rose gold to complement the colors of the year, Rose Quartz and Serenity. Use metallic silver to play against black stainless steel or bright gold to add warmth.
8. Decorative tile in shimmering gold, silver and copper give an instant boost to the kitchen backsplash.
Every room in the home is enhanced with a shimmery or lustrous surface or accent. Try metallic accent furniture in the living room, along with mirrors and elegant velvet or silk upholstery and window treatments. Add metallic or shimmery tiles in the kitchen, along with bold metallic pendant lights. Display mirrors throughout your home to shine and reflect. Whatever you decide, enjoy the glow.