The hallway is an important but sometimes underestimated functional and aesthetic element. A well decorated and organized hallway can easly enriched the style and the decor of the entire house. Vice versa, a dark, disorganized, and messy hallway can condition in a negative way the total look and appearance of your home decor. Here you are 10 easy tips and tricks that will help you to enlarge your hallway in a simple, easy and economic way.
- Use light colors. If you want to give the impression that your hallway is wider and brighter, the first suggestion is to paint it with white or with light and neutral colors
- Add mirrors. As we have seen in another article (how to add style and creativity to your home with mirrors), the mirrors are really helpful for enriching the general decor of a room and they work very well especially in the small and tight spaces. You can even install many mirrors with different shapes and sizes for creating a more impressive effect
- Opt for a uniform trim. An easy way to make the hallways wider and warmer is to choose the same trim for the walls and for the floor. In this way, the space will immediatly look wider and you will create a cozier atmosphere
- Install lights. The lights are one of the most important decorative elements. They do not only light up the rooms, but they can add style, character and personality to your interiors. As we have decribed in another post (10 easy tips to light up your home), the lights on the ceiling and on the floor can beautify a small and dark hallway and they can make it more stylish and brighter
- Add windows. If and where it is possible to install them, the windows can open up the space and can easily make a tight and small hallway seem bigger and brighter
- Use the carpets. If in your hallway there is a dark floor and you can’t change it, the best solution is to use a runner or carpets with neutral and light colors that can give the impression of a larger and warmer space
- Create focal points of attention. If you want to enrich the style and the decor of your hallway, a great solution is to add photos, pics, artworks and other decorative elements on the wall that can attract the attention of your guests. They will so focused on the decorations that they will forget about the small dimension of your hallway!
- Use the stripes. If you want to create an optical illusion, a great way is to choose a wall paper with horizonatal stripes that can make the hallway seem longer and wider
- Keep it clean and clear. Another simple but important tip on how to make a tight hallway seem wider, is to keep it always well orderly.
- Don’t add many furnitures. If your hallway is really small and tight, it’s extremely important that you add only the necessary furnitures. Opt for low table or for little shelves
With these easy tips and tricks, your hallways will look really stylish and trendy.