Polka dots are whimsical and timeless. Used in patterns large and small or in varied sizes, polka dots can bring a sense of fun to your interiors. Not just for kids’ rooms, polka dots can be used in any room in the house. Here are six reasons to love polka dots in your home and how to use them.
1. Add a touch of whimsy to your rooms with polka dot pillows. An unexpected pop of color and pattern, the polka dot pillow fits into many decorating schemes.
2. A polka dot rug adds another dimension to a modern interior. The dots play against the straight lines of the furniture and add a touch of softness to the space.
3. Polka dot upholstery is fun and flirty. Add it to the back of dining room chairs or upholster an entire chair in polka dots. A smaller print fits unobtrusively into a traditional living room. A large print polka dot adds character to a modern living room.
4. Polka dot walls really perk up a space. Downplay the pattern in a bedroom with a tone-on-tone pattern.
5. Add a light touch to interiors with polka dot window treatments. Long panels or cornices enhance windows and frame the room.
6. Inject some unexpected color and fun into your interiors by painting polka dots on furniture. Modernize a traditional piece or go for a more subtle dot pattern.
Polka dots are fun, whimsical and classic. Like that fun little polka dot dress, this pattern is charming and timeless. Add a few to your home – on the walls, floors, furniture or with accessories. Go bold with bright colors and large dots or go more subtle and classic with smaller, monochromatic dots. Any way you choose, polka dots come right to the point in your home.